Tuesday, February 11, 2014

It's HERE!!!

I will not hold you in suspense........I like it. I bought Taam Tov Coffee Creamer, and I LIKE IT!!! Wooowhooo! I am a happy happy girl. It adds some sweetness to my coffee because it has sugar. It's basically sugar, malodextrin, and tapioca starch. It's also kosher for Passover, so that would have been an added bonus if I knew anything about Passover. Well, now I guess I know one thing...I could have had this whilest celebrating. Yay!

I watched Forks Over Knives last night. It came at the suggestion of my friend Katherine (I have not changed her name to protect the innocent.) She pre-watched it, and said it would be good for me to watch. I cannot watch anything with animal cruelty. I'm just too sensitive for that kind of thing, I get physically ill and it causes me anxiety. I really liked the delivery of the science behind the message of the movie. It wasn't pushy. I'm glad I watched it. Plus, the old guys were just way cute. I would highly recommend it if you are considering a plant-based diet. Shout out to Katherine for the suggestion. 

I have been spending some time cooking this week.  So starting with my next blog entry,  I will be posting pictures and recipes. Lately, I have made Vegan Crockpot Corn Chili, Pumpkin Oat Cookies, Yellow Curried Chickpeas, and Brown Rice "Meat" and Mushroom Spaghetti. Some of what I make is completely from scratch, some are mixtures of pre-made vegan items and scratch, and some are products that I have found I really like to throw together for a quick and easy meal.  

One of the things I have been doing a lot of lately is throwing a bunch of beans in the Crockpot overnight on low, and when I wake up in the morning I put them in mason jars and stick them in the fridge for use later. I can add them into things. It has been working out really well. Sometimes I just do chickpeas, sometimes bean mixtures with lentils. I also make a big batch of brown rice in the rice cooker, and then jar that up too. That way when I just need to throw dinner or lunch together, I can grab a jar and be good to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment