Saturday, February 1, 2014

I guess I shoulda introduced myself...........

So, yeah, then there's that. My name is Rhonda. I live in Sacramento, I am 46 years old, married to a guy that I love like crazy and makes me incredibly happy, I have some grown kids that I am crazy proud of, a rescued American Bully named Poe, who aside from possibly my husband, is the most spoiled soul in existence, a turtle named Crush who lives in the backyard year round, and a small circle of friends and family that I adore. I also have a love of really really long sentences separated by multiple commas. I have a steady job, I live in a regular house that has comfortable furniture, and I leave clothes laying on my side of the bed.  I am a classic mid-range achiever with a tendency toward sarcasm. I still have all my hair and am missing one tooth, but it's way in the back, so you can't tell. I would tell you how much I weigh, and all that kind of exciting business, but this isn't a weightloss blog, so who really cares? (um...if you do you can ask though, I will tell you. It's not a secret.)

So about the blog...what this blog is:  It's pretty much just me writing about my experiences with dabbling in Veganism. I love to cook, so I will be sharing some recipe stuff. I love to shop, so I will be sharing that kind of stuff. I am at least moderately interested in the vegans with tattoos thing, so I'm sure I will talk about that. I don't have any tattoos, just kind of fascinated by it. And you never know, I may go get one or thirty-seven (once I pass the 90 day mark obviously). I have funny things happen a lot, I kind of attract that kind of thing, so I will most likely be writing about my adventures in the bizarre life of a regular chick with a steady job who lives in a subdivision and drives a cross-over, and suddenly stopped eating meat. Well damn, that should be enough right there to have people stop by here.

What this blog is not: A "be nice to pigs and cows vs. bacon is tasty" forum. Honestly, this isn't that kind of party. I am not political, or frankly that deep, so if you feel the need to exercise your right to engage in that kind of debate, I'm sure you can find somewhere to share your thoughts on those subjects. This applies to everyone who posts or comments here, including me. Also, if I inadvertently state something wrong, please feel free to correct me. If there is something you want to know about vegan business, I probably don't know either, but I can research like nobody's business, so I will see what I can find out, and cite sources.

So that is what I have to offer for now.  I will blog again when I feel the need to share something that I think you (or me, since I may be the only one reading this) would find interesting.

Rhon

2 comments:

  1. Love your humor! Love your blog. I hope you post a lot. You have a knack for this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to read some of your recipes, since I've been salivating over your food descriptions on Facebook ever since you went vegan!

    ReplyDelete